Hello Woodlands Names The Better Half Gourmet Food Truck of the Month
Hello Woodlands recently named The Better Half Gourmet the June Food Truck of the Month. Author Nick Rama highlights the food truck’s variety of dishes below. For the full article, please visit https://www.hellowoodlands.com/food-truck-of-the-month-the-better-half-gourmet/?fbclid=IwAR1cMGelZzkwmqqtVpYR0y-XxIeYv-rQEUQM5jb7_dh-WOK2jpiyBL6G5zU.
The Better Half Gourmet started as a catering company serving breakfast, lunch, or dinner at your office, home, or your special venue. The next evolution of The Better Half Gourmet was adding a food truck to their operations which is right now permanently parked at 403 Eats Food Truck Park located at 403 East Main in Tomball, Texas.
Owned by Jill and Bobby Riley and run by Bobby’s brother Darrell, The Better Half Gourmet started as a gourmet Taco Truck in July 2018, offering high quality gourmet tacos, quesadillas, chips, queso, fresh salsas, keto bowls and their famous mini Mexican street corns.
Tacos are served with your choice of tomatillo salsa verde or chile de árbol:
- El Lomo – TacoSous vide beef tenderloin topped with chimichurri, onion, tomato and garlic aioli.
- Pork Carnitas Taco – Sous vide pork marinated in fresh chilies, topped with pineapple, onion, cilantro and a wedge of lime.
- Black & White Chicken taco – Sous vide Chicken breast seasoned lightly served on a double corn tortilla with a spicy black garlic sauce and cool white garlic aiolI topped with corn Pico and queso fresco
- Shrimp taco – Blackened shrimp served on a double corn tortilla with mango slaw, purple onion and garlic aioli
- Vegetarian Taco – Black beans, mushrooms, corn, onions, cilantro, tomatoes, queso fresco and aioli. Recently, The Better Half Gourmet added a full menu of BBQ plates, sandwiches and even a 44 Farms Prime Burger. Some of the options currently on offer include smoked chicken, smoked sausage, prime brisket with sides such as mac and cheese, potato salad, coleslaw and charro beans. One of their new items is a Smoked Prime Brisket Nachos, tortilla chips, topped with housemade queso, chopped brisket, onions, tomatoes and cilantro
The catering aspect of The Better Half Gourmet is so much more than Tex-Mex and BBQ, serving up appetizers, Baked potatoes, salads, sandwiches. Full entrees of just about any protein you can think of, from traditional fried chicken, blackened fish, prime rib to smoked or fried turkey are also available. The culinary team even has your sweet tooth covered with churros, pies, cakes and assorted mini shooter cups. The Better Half Gourmet offers complete delivery with set up and tear down or they can simply drop it off at your location. With custom tailored menus, they truly believe that no event is too small or too large. If you want to offer your employees an alternative option at for lunch at work, The Better Half Gourmet can even set up for service on site.
To see Jill and Darrell Riley’s interview with Hello Woodlands, click here.